Green Local Schools
College Credit Plus
A folder can be picked up in the Student Services Office or printed HERE.
AP vs. CCP
Classes at GHS
College Representatives with contact information
CHECKLIST (with links) FOR 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
- Complete these steps IN ORDER.
- The student MUST be a part of each of these steps.
- EVEN IF CCP CLASSES APPEAR ON YOUR GHS SCHEDULE, YOU STILL MUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS and GET ACCEPTED TO THE COLLEGE(S).
- Use your PERSONAL email with colleges NOT your GLS email.
- INFORMATION: Attend a CCP meeting or watch the CCP Information Video. Check announcements and emails for dates and times.
- INTENT TO ENROLL: Complete the Intent to Enroll by APRIL 1 (Students must be logged into their GLS account)
- ACT: Register and prepare for the December, February or April ACT or SAT (Juniors will take the ACT at GHS in February).
- When you register, request the scores be sent directly to the college you are applying to (up to 4 for free)
- Use the GHS school code 365-140 when registering
- To prepare for the ACT or SAT, click here
- APPLY online to the correct college(s) as a CCP student at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline
- Stark State: May 1 (Here is a "How To" video for applying)
- Kent-Main: June 1
- Kent-Stark: June 1
- Akron: April 15
- SPECIAL DOCUMENTS: Complete and return to Student Services
- AKRON: Complete the Signature Page & Permission Slip
- STARK STATE: Complete the Permission Slip. If ON-CAMPUS: Have counselor sign On-Campus Permission Form (This form is NOT NEEDED if you are only taking Stark State classes AT GHS).
- KENT MAIN OR KENT STARK: Complete both sides of the Permission Form
- TRANSCRIPT: Request your transcript AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED (Students must be logged into their GLS account).
- RECORD: Write down ALL usernames and passwords for each college
- SCHEDULING: When scheduling for GHS classes in February, include CCP courses you intend to take AT GHS on your high school scheduling sheet
- EMAILS: READ ALL EMAILS (personal & University) from the college(s). Follow directions for orientations, scheduling information, etc.
- ACCEPTANCE: If you do NOT get an acceptance letter or email within 2-3 weeks of applying, contact the college representative. You MUST be accepted to the college in order to take a CCP class.